Baltimore City Employee Training Opportunities for New Procurement Procedures and Tools
Monday Jan 13th, 2020
The Bureau of Procurement is announcing several new tools for use by City agencies in the calendar year 2020:
- New Requisition Manual and early triage process
- New Procurement Card (P-Card) Administrative Manual and User Guide
- New Intranet with request submission portals for various activities, as well as templates and the abovementioned manuals and guides, including:
- Change Order Request portal
- Unauthorized Procurement portal
- P-Card Request portal (in progress)
- Surplus Property Disposal portal (in progress)
- Additionally, the new Procurement Intranet includes the several useful forms and templates, including requests for non-competitive bidding, requests for anticipatory releases, and for cooperative contracts
We will be offering training on the new manuals and portals in the next few weeks in our 7 E. Redwood training room, so please ensure that your fiscal team is able to send at least one representative. We will also provide onsite training in the event an agency has more than 10 individuals who are requisitioners, approvers or fiscal officers, and has a facility with sufficient space and audio-visual equipment.
1-hour training opportunities are currently available from 1:00 to 4:00 on Thursday, January 16th and 9:00 to 4:00 on Thursday, January 23rd. Please email Kevin.Lunsford@baltimorecity.gov to reserve a seat, or with questions.
We hope to continue to improve this Intranet with additional helpful tools, and welcome any suggestions for expansion beyond the topics currently covered.