Code of Ethics
The Bureau of Procurement assent to the Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct adopted by the Universal Public Procurement Certification Council (UPPCC), which is as follows:
- I shall only seek or accept a position of employment when fully in accord with the professional principles applicable thereto, and when confident of possessing the qualifications to serve under those principles to the advantage of my employer.
- I shall endeavor to keep myself knowledgeable and current on the practices and issues related to my profession.
- I shall conduct myself in a professional manner that reflects the dignity and worth of the services rendered by my employment and the societal responsibilities assumed as a trusted public servant.
- I shall be governed by the highest ideals of honor and integrity in all public and personal relationships in order to merit the respect and inspire the confidence of my employer and the public served.
- I shall neither seek nor accept any form of personal aggrandizement or profit through misuse of public or personal relationships.
- I shall identify and eliminate participation of any individual in operational situations where a conflict of interest may be involved.
- I shall not at any time or under any circumstances accept directly or indirectly, gifts, gratuities or other things of value from suppliers, which might influence or appear to influence the performance of my professional duties.
- I shall keep my governmental organization informed, through appropriate channels, on problems and progress of applicable operations by emphasizing the importance of the facts.
- I shall handle all personnel matters on a merit basis.
- I shall neither seek or dispense personal favors that are in conflict with my professional duties.
- I shall handle each administrative problem objectively and empathetically without discrimination.
- I shall subscribe to and support the professional aims and objectives of the Universal Public Procurement Certification Council.